Using timer in boards
When collaborating on a board, you often want to set a time limit for certain activities, like brainstorming or voting.
To start a timer, use the All tools menu (➕ sign) from the toolbar. The All tools menu can also be accessed with the shortcut
Once the timer pops up, you can choose how long it will last. There are 5 presets to choose from, or you can enter a custom time of up to 99 minutes and 59 seconds.
Once the timer has started, it will be placed at the top-right corner of the screen. From here, you can:
- Pause and resume the timer
- Stop the timer entirely
- Add additional time to the timer
- Collapse the timer so it becomes smaller
- Mute the timer to avoid hearing an audible chime once the time is up
- Restart the timer once the time is up
To close the timer completely, stop it and then click the X icon.
- Timer is not available on the Starter Plan.
- Any editor can modify, stop, or restart the timer.
- The timer will be visible to everyone viewing the board.
- The size of the timer and its mute settings are unique to you and won’t affect any others viewing the board.
- If you mute or collapse a timer, those settings will be remembered for the next time you start the timer.