Using tables in Whimsical
To add a table to a Whimsical doc:
- go to the start of a block and type /table
- or use the block handle to open the menu and scroll down to table
Adding rows and columns
To add rows or columns you can:
- Use the menu when a column or row is selected
- Use the + icon at the end of a row or column
- Use the keyboard shortcut cmd/ctrl + enter to add a row below when the adjacent row is selected
- Use the keyboard shortcut ctrl/cmd + alt/opt + enter to add a column to the right when the adjacent column is selected
Removing rows and columns
To remove a row or column, select it using the handle at the top or the right, and then use the menu option to remove it.
Organising rows and columns
You can organise your rows and columns by dragging and dropping them using the handles on the top or the right.
You can also sort the contents in ascending or descending order using the icon in the menu bar.
Formatting the table
When you have the table, column, row or cell selected, the menu will show all the formatting options. They include:
- Background colour
- Adding or removing a header row
- Choosing the table style
- Adding or removing rows and columns
Whimsical table cells support rich content. Try pasting in an image, or using @ to mention a Whimsical file!