Importing content to Whimsical
We don't currently have any direct importers, but there are a couple of ways you can bring content into Whimsical:
- You can upload an image of content you have created elsewhere. (And even use it as a guide, by building on top of it 😉)
- You can import text directly into boards as mind maps or into projects. Check it out 👇
Text Import for mind maps and projects
To automatically turn text into a mind map or a stack of cards, copy the text and paste it into Whimsical. Make sure you've selected the correct file type (board for mind maps or project for a stack of cards).
For a mind map:
- Copy a list from a notepad, or even a Whimsical doc.
- Select the main node of a mind map.
- Press ESC or click out of the text input. Select that main node and hit paste!
- Reverse the steps to export a mind map as a list.
The same process works for importing a project:
- Copy a list, or a set of cells.
- Make sure you are in project mode.
- Click the canvas and paste to get a line of notes.
- Or, add a stack using S and select the stack before pasting to add the notes to it