Whimsical is free of charge up to 4 boards. A board is a Flowchart, Wireframe, Sticky Note, or Mind Map. You'll start with Examples & Getting Started Boards that we provide for you in your Workspace. They do not count toward this 4 board limit. Another limit of our free offering is that you can create a maximum of two Workspaces.
If you're having trouble understanding the free board limit click
* * *
Table of Contents
- Pricing Introduction
- Pricing for Personal Workspaces vs. Team Workspaces
* * *
1. Pricing Introduction
If you want to create more (unlimited 🚀) boards in your Workspace, we'd be honored to have you upgrade to a paid subscription with us! You can choose between our monthly or annual subscription plans:
- Monthly Professional Subscription: $12 / month / editor
- Save with an Annual Professional Subscription: $120 / year / editor ( 🧮 or $10 / month / editor; that's 2 months free! 🎉). As a bootstrapped business we are grateful to each & every one of our customers who purchase a subscription & use our app to communicate visually. And we are especially grateful for those who join us on the journey for a whole year. We promise to ship lots of cool product improvements along the way! 📆 🚀
- A Whimsical Subscription is mapped to a Workspace (not a user account or email address). You can upgrade to a paid subscription for a Personal Workspace (for 1 person) or a Team Workspace (where you can invite others & collaborate together in real-time!). See Section 2 below for more information about Workspaces.
- Viewer role (free): in addition to editors, in Team Workspaces you can add Viewers free of cost who can view & comment on boards.
* * *
2. Pricing for Personal Workspaces vs. Team Workspaces
Understanding Whimsical Workspaces
- When you first sign up for Whimsical, you'll see you have a Personal Workspace. This allows you to work independently. You can still share a link to a colleague & he or she can see a board, but you aren't able to collaborate together in real-time - for that you'll need a Team Workspace.
- The main difference between Team Workspaces and Personal Workspaces is the ability to edit the same boards (in real time!) and to organize those boards in shared folders that everyone has access to. If you have more questions about this as you're figuring out the right plan for you and your team, email us & we're happy to talk it through.
Navigating between Whimsical Workspaces
- You can switch back & forth between Workspaces using the drop-down menu in the upper left of your Workspace by clicking on the Workspace name
- If you have already paid for a Whimsical subscription, but keep seeing a message that says "Upgrade to Get Unlimited Boards. You are limited to 4 free boards," check to make sure you're in the correct Workspace. Whimsical subscriptions are mapped to Workspaces (not a user account's email) - that's why we sometimes see that people upgraded their Personal Workspace but intended to upgrade & purchase a subscription to a Team Workspace (or vice-versa). Did you upgrade the wrong Workspace? No problem - email support & we'll help get you sorted.
Paying per editor in a Team Workspace
- If you create a Team Workspace & upgrade to a paid subscription so you & your team can create unlimited boards and collaborate together, you will be charged for all the editors in the workspace. See Section 1 above for per-editor pricing.
- This article about billing in Team Workspaces goes in depth about how adding & removing users over the course of subscription impacts your bill. Our values have helped us craft a fair billing system where we offer prorated credits if you remove a user during the course of your subscription period. This means you won't have to have an unused licensed going to waste if you change the size of your team.
* * *
We gladly offer a 20% discount to non-profit organizations, whereas teachers and students can enjoy Whimsical free of charge with our education plan. To apply for the education discount, please fill out this form.
To learn more, please email us or talk with us directly from the app.
* * *
Sometimes, you just want to Press 0 to Speak to a Representative. We hear you. Still have more on your mind before you jump into a paid account with Whimsical? The Customer Experience Team at Whimsical is happy to chat - reach out & we can help you figure out which Workspace option is the best for you & your team or answer any other questions. We even know the answer to how many different types of connectors you can make in Whimsical. 😃 🤓